Friday, November 30, 2007

Norman and Porter

I didn't necessarily understand what tea pots had to do with website and other interface design's. For the first time I made sense of the old saying, "What's that got to do with the price of tea in London." Now I get it though. An ugly website that is designed well might just be better than the beuatiful website that is designed poorly. This brings me to another age old quote, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." So as all that made sense to me I think that there must be a balance that is achieved because people will judge a book by it's cover. They will do the same for a website.

No comments:

Hello everybody! My name is Nicholas Seckar and I am currently attending Colorado State University in Pueblo and I plan to graduate with a Mass Communications Major with an emphasis in New Media.

To start off, the reason why I created this blog was for an assignment in one of my classes. That class is called, "Interactive Media and Interface Design." However, I must say that I have always wanted to create a blog... so I guess this is a good time to do it.

What is Interactive Media?

My definition is simple... Interactive Media is any form of technology that is responsive to the users level of interaction. The level of interaction can be anything from a simple television remote, all the way to a complicated video game with amazing innovations of Artificial Intelligence. At any rate of interactivity, Interactive Media is something that is very amazing and always changing at a very high rate of speed.